In the last few weeks our lives have changed for the better. I have decided that certain people do not understand what a surprise is or what it is supposed to be. Or maybe I am off my rocker.
To start out Nett had her super duper ultrasound with all the bells and whistles trying to tell us if we are having a boy or a girl. Now on a major side track I enjoy certain surprises. Key word certain. I love christmas and the excitement that brings (it is better when you aren't high on lortab). I love finding things you thought were lost (especially money). I also like finding out good news for friends family and of course me. So back to the story. I have never been to an ultrasound let alone been in a room where they do them. So the tech gets nett up on the chair thing and starts rubbing to goop all over her belly and then starts putting this thing on there that of course emits the sound wave and produces a picture.
We were excited to find out and to see the baby move and stuff. Up unto this point Nett had bravely gone to these appointments alone. So the tech starts looking and says first thing, It's A Boy. See right there. So much for building the anticipation. And to top it off the baby decided to behave because dad was around watching. He has enjoyed punching and kicking Nett in the cervix as well as all over, when dad isn't watching. Especially after she eats chocolate or starts tapping her foot to the beat of some music. This of course usually happens when she is at work.
Now everybody wants to know what this poor child's name is. We don't know yet and well it may be a while before we do.
The other fun thing is we got a call from some good friends of ours. We were high on their notification list of people they want to notify when exciting things happen. They are also expecting their first child. It is early on so we don't know much yet but we are excited for you two.
Other than that nothing to report really. My ankle is healing and I have the luxury of making a decision about work before I go back in a week. I am trying to decide how to enjoy my last week of freedom before I get to be a slave again. I will miss being able to sit around and look for new jobs all day and play the guitar. It was a punishing life really.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment