Saturday, April 4, 2009

I forgot to post a little story that happened to us. They announced a few weeks ago that our ward was going to have a chili cook off. I didn't know what to think because our ward is a geriatric ward. Lots of old people with lots of health problems. I didn't quite know how to take it.

But my mischievious nature took over and I got my wife to enter me in the cook off. Now for the confessions. I have never made chili. The closest I ever got was opening a can. So I had no Idea what I was doing. Confession number 2. I love spicy food. To me chili should have a kick. I wanted to make some real chili and enjoy myself. Nett was worried because if there were left overs than she would have to eat some. Spicy food and her "medical condition" don't get along very well.

In the end it worked out very well. I gave it a small kick but not too bad. Nett liked the flavor and I won the spiciest chili award (my original goal anyway). My certificate and ribbon are on the fridge. And the best part was my chili was the first to be devoured by the ward.

1 comment:

Tawni said...

Nice! So can I have the recipe you used? I have to make chili for a RS activity on Thursday and I've never made it either.