Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Ramblin' Man

So we begin again. This last month has been, lets say busy. First off my diploma finally came in the mail. I have been kinda expecting it for a while but you know colleges are slow. They do not ever practice what they preach.



Going along with that. I have been searching for a job for the last 6 months. Ever since i finished my final class in October. I had to wait until January for the school to post my diploma as earned on my transcript. But BooYah! I finally made it.



The market in my field was bleak before this whole economy imploded upon itself. Thanks alot Bill. Now it is even harder because most places are on a hiring freeze. So they post jobs, have an internal hire/promotion and leave the rest of us in crappy jobs.



So about my job.... it sucks. I was told for the first time in my life that being honest is not the best policy. Allow me to elaborate. There was a new position opened that had never been before in our facility. It gave me an hour cut but there was no weekends and no early morning shifts either. I went for it. I was told that the position was given to someone else because I am too honest. That was what they said! I think blunt would have been the better word to use but hey that is why they are where they are.



The search for work in the state has been bleak to none as of late. My wife wants to stay close to home. I want to as well. I have applied for many jobs and had 1 interview. I got turned for a management job for someone with no management skills or education. Geniuses!



I can be grateful we both are in good health. Nett continues to grow and prepare for May. She is finally having back pain. Our unborn son enjoys kicking and punching her every opportunity he can. He probably has UADHD. That is the same as ADHD but in the uterus. We are trying to get stuff ready so when the kid arrives soon he will have a place to stay.



We are going to have to move most of our books down to the folks basement and rearange the furniture. The guitar stuff stays in the room but I don't know if I will get to use the loud stuff because he will be sleeping.



My health is improving. I can play basketball, however I am slow and sore. This comes with the territory of recovery from surgery. I was excited that the doc gave me a clean bill of health and I don't have to go see him for anymore follow up visits unless something goes wrong.

I finally got a calling in the ward. It was an informal visit and I am going to be teaching Elder's Quorum. I am happy because I love teaching. It should be a great assignment. Nett is no longer serving in the primary and was sad to leave. Now she is the pianist in Relief Society. She likes it and plays very well.

Chau until next time

1 comment:

Missy said...

Sounds like you are as busy as I am!! Don't worry about your calling at least it is only one not 4 or 5 like grady used to have! You'll do great!