Our clan has had an eventful few weeks. So I will back up and start with the good old Fourth of July. I can't recall my family having any solid traditions in our celebrating the birthday of the USA. I do know we have usually set off fireworks. That is all I remember. So with a family of my own I want to start some of my own traditions and things. So I thought that over the last two 4ths that I would do it in the American Way; steal somebody elses.
I have some great friends, who every year get together and spend the day at Layton City's celebration of the 4th of July. We all got together at the Groneman's house and had breakfast. This annual feast is incredible. This year, at my wife's suggestion, I bought Derek, Steve, and myself a T-shirt we thought was funny. And it was. We all wore them together.
The women (our wives) were talking about babies, as Lynette just had one, Tawni is going to have one and Vanessa is contemplating.
The next event happened the next day. We were able to have all of Nett's family come with most of my family and some friends to bless Levi. We were very worried because we were going to have lots of people at church and although it was a holiday weekend the place was going to be packed. It was but almost everything worked out ok. Levi started to cry during his blessing, but calmed down long enough for us to take the sacrament. Then all hell broke loose. I spent the rest of Fast and Testimony Meeting out on the church stairs trying to calm the boy down. He would finally get close to calm and then scream again. Turns out he was hungry, the one thing I couldn't help him with.
We had a great meal afterwards while the kids got to go and play on the playground. We got to visit with our relatives, take pictures (I don't have them yet) and just relax.
Shortly there after our next adventure took place. I went to work for a few days and felt really sick. I called in on wednesday and went to the doctor. Turns out I was positive for the flu. We caught it early and we were able to treat it promptly. So I didn't get to bad but it was scary for a bit. It was very contagious and with the little boy in the house we had a lot of work to do. But Nett just rolled up her sleeves so to speak and took care of us. She is great for that. Normally I help a little with Levi. But I wasn't able to be near him. I wore a mask and everything if we had to be in the same room. But by God's grace neither he nor Nett got sick.
And for the last thing. I was itching to go and buy some music. I like listening to may types and have some of almost everything. I had enough birthday money left to go and buy one cd. I went to Target and looked for a while at several different cd's. I had it narrowed down to a choice between 2 cd's and I was having trouble picking. I stumbled upon a cd that Nett wanted. I grabbed it for her and then grabbed mine. So I spent more than I should have but it was worth it. When we got home I told her I was going to put the new cd in the cd player. She asked what I had bought (for me) and I answered Led Zeppelin. When Yanni started playing instead of Led Zeppelin she was surprised and gave me a kiss.
She enjoyed the concert associated with the Yanni cd and wanted it. But concert prices are outrageous. So we opted to wait. And Nett got a surprise. I enjoyed the concert. Good music even without electric guitar.



No comments:
Post a Comment