This last week was very abnormal for me. Or pretty much typical. Work is letting many people go on vacations and that leaves the rest of us to fill in the gaps they create. I got stuck working in the cafeteria for the whole week. I liked having the weekend off but I am not digging the 5:00 am wake ups. And I still have one week to go.
On the topic of work, I got passed over for another promotion. I didn't even get an interview with my own bosses this time. I don't know how this other employee will work out though. Should be real interesting. I also have had a phone interview with a clinic managed by the same company I already work for. The interview went well and I am hoping they will call sometime this week and want another interview in person this time.
We also had a wonderful visit from my Aunt Karen and Uncle Val. They were in town for the week and we got to see them. We had a nice visit where the entertainment was provided by a squirrel trying to jump from the tree into the bird feeder. He kept looking and looking before he finally got the guts to go for it and he enjoyed a good meal.
We also got a visit from Lynettes brother Robert and his family. We had a great dinner and then walked to a nearby park where Spencer played on the playground and we talked. For the 24th I had to work part of the day so we ended up down at Mom and Dad's for a BBQ. It was good.
Backing up to last Sunday, it is a tradition here at Weber State to have a concert and a fireside to kick off the Ogden Pioneer days. The concert consists of a local orchestra playing classical pieces and then ending the concert with Tchikovsky's 1812 overture with cannon fire. Then at the end of the show they shoot off fireworks. I went to this event when I was a kid with my folks and then I have gone since I lived up here. Lynette and I took Levi up this year. We got good seats and enjoyed the show very much. Levi didn't like the cannons and fell asleep during the fireworks. Oh well.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment