Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day of the Dead

I think halloween is a really screwed up memorial day. Instead of paying our respects to the dearly departed, we celebrate all of the names and other things we said or thought about these people. For example, devil woman, smart @$$, vampire, ding bat, and other stuff. I love halloween though. I love making my own costume by either buying or making accessories to fit a profile.

However we need to back up a little bit. My first week of "Cation" was spent dejunking the house. It took a week when Nett was working 4 hours a day and during that time I had to take care of my boy. We got a lot accomplished and the place looks better than it has since I moved in. It probably was my fault. When we move it should be fun to find some things we thought were missing. Nett was happy and has loved the ease in which it is now to clean up the clutter which has been cut in half.

Saturday, Holly hooked me up with a ticket to Real Salt Lake's last home game. I am a big fan and I enjoy going to the games. Rusty and Brockton came with us and enjoyed it even though they got a little cold. I was excited because the boys got to see two really good goals pretty close. If it had been warmer I think Nett and Levi would have come to the game with us.

Sunday last week we had an awesome time with some good friends of ours, namely the Gronemans (Derek & Tawni) and the Carters (Steve & Vanessa). We had some killer grub and played our game "Match Mate". It is like the newlywed game. We learned some things about our good friends and we all had good laughs. Thanks guys. We will definitely need to do this again soon.

The next week was bizarre and tough. I though it was my last week of rest and relaxation for my "cation". Nope I was gravely mistaken. Nett's supervisor at work took a much needed vactaion with her family to Hawaii. So the work load increased for one of Nett's coworkers and not much else. Then Nett's other coworker got sick with flu-like symptoms. It turned out to be something other than the flu but she had to stay home for a while. So Nett got to work hard. She worked for a while, came home, worked some more, came home and did a third trip usually. I got to try to entertain Levi. I am getting better at it but I am not very good with non movers. I mean those children who cannot move themselves from one place to another. So it has been a long week that way.

The only break we got was on thursday. Our good friends the Andersens came up to visit. We had again good grub and a great time visiting with them and taking them to see the Salomon Center. We got to watch the IFLY machine with the instructors putting on a show. We also stopped to watch Flowrider, the indoor surfing place. It was really fun.

Yesterday we got to dress Levi up as tigger. It was fun. Me and Nett took him trick or treating up and down the street where Nett's sister lives. The little kids went with us and we got some good candy. We also had a murder mystery dinner that Char (Nett's sister) put on. It was really entertaining. I got it right on from the start. We had some great grub and good times with Nett's family. We only wish that we could have been able to visit with everybody a little longer.

Here are some pics.
Levi as a Pumpkin (BLECH!!!)

Levi wearing Steven's shaggy wig.

Levi as Tigger with Nett the "Angel"

We have our little Tigger and the "Angels".

No comments: