Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week of Endurance

I got to have a great time working a whole week from 5:30 a.m. till 1:30 p.m. for five straight days. It was hard. Getting up on my mission wasn't this hard that I remember. Oh well I will live I suppose. Now the next week I am working mostly afternoon shifts.

Nett is trying to stay on top of everything but little Levi can be quite demanding of her time and attention. He finally spit up on me for the first time this week. My parents would just laugh and say payback is nice isn't it but I don't think Levi is going to give it to me like I gave it to them. Atleast we hope not.

Nett had a chat with her bosses and co-workers to determine how she should come back to work if I am not hired at a new position that pays better in the next two weeks. They have been really good to her and are looking forward to her return, although her staying home would be bitter sweet due to the friendships she has made there. I might also note they are allowing her to come back part time so Levi will always have someone home with him.

Our bishopric was changed today. The stake president gave a 30+ minute housekeeping talk, boldly admonishing our ward to; stay away from gossip, observe the baptismal covenants mentioned in Mosiah 19, bear true testimony and quit giving travel/health,love,thankimony logs to the ward. He actually explained a good reason for bearing testimony and not doing those other things. It was something I had never considered. It was like a Zone Conference where the mission president gives it how it is to the missionaries. I walked away feeling that I could try harder to be a better person. He also told us to read the lessons for church and to follow the manuals. They were printed and published in this manner for a reason.

Then we got to the new bishopric. They were called of God to serve in this capacity. I am excited to see what they can do for us as a ward.

Our elder's quorum is planning a trap shooting activity. I have the shot gun and I am rearing to go. Hopefully work will cooperate and give the day off I need.

It appears that our family is in for some big changes here pretty soon. Work and with the changes in our ward and with Levi here we are going to see that goes.

1 comment:

Hancock's since 2005 said...

Sounds like you are very busy! Good luck with everything. I hope to see you guys soon!