So another busy week for me and of course for Lynette. She and I are trying to figure out how to care for our little guy while she returns to work. Her departement has allowed her freedom to come in whenever she can, which is when I am not at work. This will help us greatly. I will get to spend more one on one time with Levi which leaves me a little bewildered. He has taken to crying when I hold him sometimes and then I get frustrated and give him to Lynette and he calms down. Atleast he knows where the food comes from.
Work is work. I got to play supervisor a couple of times and we were able to get done quickly and leave. I feel pretty good about how I did.
I am still waiting to hear from a job I applied for. I got a phone interview but was told to be patient and wait for several weeks before hearing anything. We are praying and hoping that it works out.
I got to teach the lesson in elder's quorum a week early. I traded with the other teacher because he had some kind of conflict. But it is funny. When I looked ahead to see which lesson I would be teaching I glanced at the lesson for this week entitled Relief Society: Divine Role for Women. I though to myself, I am sure glad that is not my lesson. Well folks, the good Lord had other Ideas for me and I sure learned some stuff I didn't know.
On a much less humble note, My wife and I purchased tickets to see the USA vs El Salvador soccer game in Sandy at the new Rio Tinto stadium. I am excited and have been looking forward to the game since it was announced. I am even making my own t-shirt to wear providing i can find the stuff to print on. I think I may have to give up hope and buy some new stuff.
Our Elders Quorum is going trap shooting on wednesday. I have the gun but I don't think that I will be any good. I have what my wife affectionately calls Brett Maverick syndrome. I can shoot fast but I can't hit @#$%%^&&***. Well you get the idea anyway.
And Finally we are heading up for a day of R & R in the High Uintah Mountains for a day with my grandparents. We had been toying with the idea for months and a good opportunity has presented itself and so we are going to take advantage of it.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment