Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two weeks more and whaddya get?

So I guess it is time to back up a bit. The first event was something I missed and it was funny. My littlest sister turned 25 and says she doesn't feel any older except she has all the symptoms of aging. Welcome to life dear. For more info read her blog. The funny part was I called and reminded a few family members who forgot it was her birthday and told them to call her. Then I got doing something and totally forgot to call myself. Well I am just a hypocrite like everybody else. Sue me.

Friday night we went down to Lehi to provide the cake for Nolan's birthday. They all went out for steak and waited forever at a new Texas Roadhouse. We had to come late because I had to work. Then we drove all the way down to Gunnison. We got there a little after midnight and crashed. Even Levi slept a little longer than usual.

Saturday was very eventful. We sat around for most of the morning recouperating our strength from the drive down and finally decided to go shoot the .22's and the 12 guage. Lynette's brother Robert came with us and we had fun. The only thing was I had a shell explode wrong in the gun and it made my ears ring for the rest of the day. Lesson learned. Use the hearing protection that is stored with the rifle. Even Nett shot the .22 but I couldn't get a picture of her shooting. She didn't want to try the 12 guage.

Later that night we drove up Mayfield canyon to have Nett's 10 yr. high school reunion. They had a good crowd and Nett got to see some old friends and lots of familiar faces. They had barbecued pork sandwiches (which I loved and Nett didn't think they were that great), chips and of course Sodas. The really cool part was that we had a prayer to start things off. They had a little slide show and just visited. Even Levi came though he was not invited. At three months he knows how to crash parties.

The next day we were able to attend the afternoon session of the Dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Nett's mission president spoke. It was very uplifting. We had a great time. We then traveled through the middle of San Pete county and passed the Manti Temple and Snow College. Both places are dear to us. We stopped off to see Mom and Dad and then went home.

Tuesday we came back down to have our pictures taken. We decided to do the whole family as a gift to Mom and Dad for christmas since the last picture we had was right before Chris left on his mission. Now our family has grown and we had a good time at Wheeler Farm.

The only down side is I got turned down for many jobs again this week. For some reason I cannot buy and interview with anybody, even my own company. I don't know the reason or anything. I guess we will just keep plugging along.

And for the final story. Today we were sitting in the chapel durring the sacrement. Levi kept leaning over towards Nett for some reason. The second time he did I didn't correct him and he began relieving his bowels very audibly while the Young Men were passing the sacrement. Lynette and I were laughing so hard and at the same time we were trying to be reverent. In the end Nett took him out and changed his diaper. It was absolutely hilarious.

So this is the Clan Leader signing off until next time.

No comments: